Last night when struggling to get Firefox to play with Ubuntu and Flash I found this forum.
The instructions that worked for me are as follows
- Remove all installations of flash (9, 10.. )
- Remove all installations of gnash
- Remove all installations of swfdec
- (Basically remove everything that conflicts with flash player - some of these things come bundled with Ubuntu)
Remove any file in “/usr/lib/firefox/plugins” with the word flash in its name. eg. libflashplayer.so or in my case alternate-flashplugin.so.
Once you have verified that all this has gone (You could use about:plugins url in your firefox to see all the plugins you have along with their associated file types) - reinstall the latest version of flash player from adobe website.
- You should have Hulu.com working.
Hope this helps someone who is trying to do the same.
“Now when someone asks - Do you have Flash working on Linux - you know what to say”